To vote in Iowa, you must be registered to vote.
To qualify to register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen,
- An Iowa resident, and
- At least 17 years old. A person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before election day. In the case of primary elections, a person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before the corresponding regular election.
- Be a convicted felon (unless your voting rights have been restored),
- Be judged mentally incompetent to vote by a court, or
- Claim the right to vote in any other place.
Additional Links for Voting Information
- Check your registration status – (Iowa Secretary of State)
- Request an Absentee Ballot – (Dubuque County Auditor)
- Track Your Absentee Ballot – (Iowa Secretary of State)
- Election Polling Places – (Dubuque County)
- Election Calendar – (Dubuque County Auditor)