Home » Voter Information » 2016 Dubuque County Democratic Convention
Dubuque County Democratic Party 2016 Convention
Date: Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Early Registration open from 9am to 10am.
- Late Registration open from 10am to 11am. Alternate credentialing begins.
- Call to order at 10am.
- Delegates must arrive before 10am to guarantee that they will be credentialed as delegates.
- Take Highway 20 to Peosta, Iowa.
- Take Exit 308 and turn north onto Sundown Road (towards the Dairy Queen).
- At the roundabout take the first right onto NICC Drive.
- Take a right at the stop sign.
- Turn left into the south parking lot. Park in the South Lot
- Follow the signs to the entrance. Only one door will be open. All other entrances will be locked.
- Delegates: $25.00 (cash or check) accepted on Saturday.
- Alternates & Observers: $6.00 (for lunch) accepted on Saturday.
- Delegates may pay online for an additional $2.00 convenience fee at ActBlue.com. Online payments are only accepted through noon on Friday, March 11th. Pay Now.
- Make checks payable to Dubuque County Democrats.
- Map to NICC in Peosta 2.2 MB
- Map of NICC Building 3.4 MB
- Dubuque County Democrats 2016 Convention Booklet 7.4 MB.
Mailed to Delegates who are expected to bring their copy to the convention or pay $3.00 for a replacement. If a delegate selects an alternate to replace them at the convention, the booklet should be transferred to the alternate as the alternate is expected to bring the delegate’s booklet or pay for a replacement.
- Platform Resolution Form 176KB.
Delegates wishing to introduce new planks or amendments to planks must put their resolution in writing (typed or printed neatly), obtain signatures from 20 credentialed delegates, and present the resolution to the Platform Committee before the time that motions on such amendments are in order. For a full description of the rules concerning new planks please read page 10 of the county convention booklet.