Please join us this Saturday for our 4th Annual Murphy for Recorder Picnic
Special Guest: Candidate for Governor John Norris.
All food and drink provided.
This Saturday, September 16th from Noon-2:00PM
Asbury Park: Sullivan Pavilion
$25 per Family
$100 to Sponsor
$250 to Host
Please write checks to:
Murphy for Recorder
410 Shrewsbury Lane
Dubuque, IA 52003
If you are willing and able to Sponsor/Host please notify me: (563) 513-9064. We will be recognizing those individuals.
Since I have been elected in 2014, here are a few things I am most proud of:
1) Extremely Efficient: The Dubuque County Recorder’s Office is one of the few self-sustaining offices in the state and has actually returned over $413k to the County General Fund.
2) Modernizing the office: In the process of digitizing about 1 million images and making them accessible on our website
3) 2016 Annual PRIA Conference: Secured the Property Records Industry Association (PRIA) Annual Conference to Dubuque in 2016. Created an economic impact of over $290,000 in Dubuque
4) Respected Leader: I was elected to serve on the Iowa County Recorders Association (ICRA) Executive Board in my first year. August of 2017, elected unanimously as President of the Recorders Association that covers all 99 counties in Iowa by a contingent of Recorders on both sides of the aisle.
5) New Growth: Identified a new revenue stream that is generating about $10-$12,000 per year for the county at no cost to the taxpayers.
6) Voice: Last, but certainly not least: I have been an advocate for the residents at Sunnycrest and the county employees that make it a wonderful place. While the majority of our current Board of Supervisors are supportive of Sunnycrest, it wasn’t always that way. As long as I am an elected official, my voice will be heard
I appreciate all of your support past and present!