First District Convention Information
The Co-Chairs of the First District Central Committee have announced the following members of the Committees to organize the 2016 Convention:
- Mike Robinson, Platform Chair (Mikeccia.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rules & Nominations:
- Rosemary Schwartz, Arrangements Chair (email@example.com)
- Bob Shields, Credentials Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First District Democratic Convention
Convention Location has changed
Saturday, April 30, 2016
Iowa Braille School, 1002 G Avenue, Vinton, IA 52349 Location Changed to:
Benton Community High School, 600 1st Street, Van Horne, IA 52346. [Map it]
Note: The address and directions from Google are inaccurate. The school is on First Street, NOT First Avenue.
If driving south on Hwy 218 from Vinton, Iowa:
- Approximately 10 miles after you leave Vinton, Iowa, take a right at the sign that says Van Horne is 3 miles to the west. This is marked as Hwy E44. (Note: Google calls Hwy E44 “Hwy 199”, but there are no signs for Hwy 199.)
- Hwy E44/70th St will become 1st Avenue when you enter Van Horne.
- Take a right onto 1st Street. There is a gas station on the corner.
- The school will be on your left about half a mile down.
Delegates: Save time and prepay your convention fee Now at ACTBLUE.
- Early registration Saturday morning: 8:00am – 9:00am. Delegates must arrive by 9am to guarantee that they will be credentialed as delegates.
- Late registration open from 9:00am – 10:00am. Alternates will be checked in starting at 8:00am, but alternate credentialing will not being until 9:00am.
- Registration closes: 10:00am.
- There will not be any registration prior to Saturday.
- Delegates (3 options):
- Prepay $37 online via ActBlue by noon on Friday, April 29, 2016. Payment includes lunch and a two dollar convenience fee. Prepaying will expedite your registration process. Please bring your payment receipt!
- Prepay $35 by mailing a check to:
First District Democrats
℅ E.J. Gallagher
801 Sheridan Road
Waterloo, Iowa 50701
- Make check payable to First District Democrats.
- Checks need to be received no later than Thursday, April 28, 2016.
- Pay $35 on convention day by cash or check (fee includes lunch). There are no ATM machines at the school so plan ahead if you’re paying cash. Checks should be payable to First District Democrats. Please write out your check ahead of time.
- Observers and Alternates. Those staying for lunch are asked to pay $10 on the day of the convention.
Please email Treasurer, E.J. Gallagher (email@example.com) after purchasing tickets through ActBlue.
No-one shall be turned away from attending the convention for their inability to pay, however, any attendees in this situation are still asked to pay $10 for lunch. Any person who feels they cannot afford the full price or half price donation can have it reduced or waived by contacting Credentials Chair Bob Shields (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional Convention Information